From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPTABLES syntax change?
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 02:47:52
1 On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 01:07:11AM -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote
2 > On 12/27/2012 10:59 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Here's my revised "Paranoia Plus" ruleset. Any comments? Because I'm
5 > > behind a NAT-ing ADSL router/modem, many of my rules rarely see hits.
6 > > However, I do have a backup dialup connection in case of problems, so
7 > > most of my rules don't specify the network interface. A couple of
8 > > notes...
11 > I did a bunch of inline comments below as I was trying to understand the
12 > rules. At the end I give the tl;dr, but maybe the inline comments are
13 > useful too.
14
15 Thanks. My ruleset has accumulated years of cruft. I should really
16 sit down and rewrite the thing from square 1. I have one comment. You
17 show what appears to be a bash script for setting up the rules. I work
18 with the contents of file /var/lib/iptables/rules-save instead.
21 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
22 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications