From: "Abraham Marín Pérez" <tecnic5@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching from Genkernel to manual build
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 06:16:22
1 Dan Cowsill escribió:
2 > Is there any specific process to or problems one might encounter as a
3 > result of switching from a Genkernel built kernel over to a manually
4 > built kernel?
5 >
6 > Thanks.
9 As far as I can think of it would be enough getting the config file
10 generated by genkernel, editing it through make config or similar and go
11 ahead. Actually, if you take it as is it would work, but probably you'll
12 have lots of stuff you don't want/need, so your task will be mainly
13 tuning it down; be careful with those things you think you don't need,
14 I'd cut parameters away in several step (change config, build, install,
15 try a couple of days, then change again).
16
17 HTH,
18 Abraham
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list