From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Opinions on Host's Decision Please
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:11:11
1 On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:37:23 -0700
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > As I have previously posted about, my host sent me an email a few days
7 > ago stating that support tickets for 5,000-6,000 of their clients had
8 > been broken into. I checked my records and found that my root
9 > password had previously been submitted in a support ticket. I then
10 > decided I needed to reinstall my system.
11 >
12 > I requested that my host allow me access to a second machine for 2-5
13 > days while I switch over to a clean system, after that I would turn
14 > the old system over to them and continue with the new system.
15 >
16 > My request was denied! I'm blown away by this. Was I asking too
17 > much?
18 >
19 > - Grant
20
21 Would it be unreasonable to tell us who this host is? I want to make
22 sure I don't host any sites on their system; if they can't secure their
23 work tickets, what makes anybody think they can secure anything else?
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list