From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: make oldconfig behaviour
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:44:02
1 · Galevsky <galevsky@×××××.com>:
2
3 > Now I have to build my conf again since the whole configuration may
4 > not suit what I was looking for.
5
6 Take your old .config as a base.
7
8 > Anyone to tell me what oldconfig target does ?
9
10 It takes the .config it finds in the source directory and
11 builds the config from there. If there are new "selections"
12 in the new kernel, you'll be asked for the value they should
13 get.
14
15 In short: Before running "make oldconfig", copy the .config
16 from your old kernel to your new kernel tree and then run
17 make oldconfig.
18
19 Alexander Skwar
20 --
21 Linux! Guerrilla UNIX Development Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus.
22 -- Mark A. Horton KA4YBR, mah@××××××.com
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list