From: Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ... format elf32-i386 ... to format elf64-x86-64 not supported!
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:32:41
1 Hi people!
2 I am about to solve a problem compiling fritz wlan usb package natively
3 on 64 bit linux. Can somebody help me?!
4
5 I receive the error message on the machine:
6
7 ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf32-i386
8 (/tmp/lib/fritz//fwlanusb-lib.o) to format elf64-x86-64
9 (/home/tamer/fritz/src/fwlanusb.o) is not supported
10
11 How am I able to solve this?! I looked in the kernel configuration where
12 the setting "elf32" bit support for non 64 bit libraries is enabled.
15 For any advise, I would thank you kindly.
19 Tamer Higazi