From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] *** STOP misuing this list for personal attacks ***
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 09:53:01
1 On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 12:29:20PM -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
3 > > On 22/03/14 14:48, Tanstaafl wrote:
4 > >> On 3/22/2014 5:06 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >>> Helmut Jarausch wrote:
6 > >>>> Please don't use this list for personal quarrels of any kind!
7 > >>>>
8 > >>>> If someone says something you don't like - just ignore it/him.
9 > >>>>
10 > >>>> If someone insults you, reply by personal mail only.
11 > >>>>
12 > >>>> If someone says something which is*technically* wrong,
13 > >>>> just correct the facts without getting personal.
14 > >>> I don't read every message but who is personally attacking someone?
15 > >> He's probably referring to my factual statement that Tom was/is acting
16 > >> like an arrogant prick.
17 > >>
18 > >> Lots of people confuse factual statements with personal attacks.
19 > >>
20 > >> That said, I've never been know for being tactful... ;)
21 > >>
22 > > Go and solve this shit off-list. I'm not following the systemd thread
23 > > but over the last few days but your (plural) quarrels have become far
24 > > too big in number to ignore.
25 > >
26 > > Create a separate thread if you need it so that people can ignore it
27 > > without missing actual on-topic messages.
30 > Will, since Tom finally got the point and changed his email program to
31 > not CC his replies, it seems to me that Tanstaaf, others and myself were
32 > right. It may have been off topic but if Tom would have just listened
33 > in the beginning, there wouldn't have to be so many off topic replies.
34 >
35 > Just saying.
36 >
37 > Dale
38
39 I can't quite believe Tom did that. I've even stopped replying to any thread
40 Tom participates in, because when I kindly asked him to "Stop Cc'ing me" (as
41 old and rude a habit as HTML email and top-posting), he wasted my time with
42 more than one arrogant reply, beating the dead horse(s) about why his way is
43 correct and the rest of the world needs to change it's preferences to get in
44 line. It's my sincere hope that someone's persistence hammered some common
45 sense and email etiquette into his attitude.
46
47 In fact, this list is so generally useless and filled with immature jerks
48 going on senselessly about crap that I rarely read it anymore, and ^D is my
49 largest function on this mailbox.
50 --
51 List replies preferred.
52
53 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
54 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
55 A: Top-posting.
56 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
57
58 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting