From: Nicolai Beuermann <Nicolai.Beuermann@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mail on multiple laptops
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:11:38
1 Michael Pobega wrote:
2 > recommend as a good way to keep the
3 > mail synced on both of my machines.
4 I would definitely recommend IMAP. With laptops you should use disconnected
5 IMAP - you wont be online all the time you turn on your laptop. You got all
6 your emails as a copy on each of your IMAP clients. Anytime you're online you
7 may synchronize to the server.
10 > I was looking into IMAP but I can't really figure out how it works
11 Maybe one can compare it with a simple remote filesystem.
17 mailto: nicolai.beuermann@×××.de
18 http://www.nico-beuermann.de
19 gnupg fingerprint: 56DA 4E32 3A4A 52AC B769 DFC2 BF3E 9805 09BB 4259
20 --
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list