From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Compiling first and then installing using -K
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 12:48:48
1 On 17/02/2020 10:26, Dale wrote:
2 > I ran into a issue with qt upgrades and it got interesting.  Since it
3 > was part way through, some applications that I needed wouldn't open due
4 > to a mismatch in versions. [...]
5 >
6 > !!! --buildpkgonly requires all dependencies to be merged.
7 > !!! Cannot merge requested packages. Merge deps and try again.
8 >
9 > So, I have to emerge packages in order to emerge others.  I get that
10 > packages depend on each other but is there a way around that?
11 You'd need to maintain two gentoo installs (A and B) with the same exact
12 configuration with B serving as the build machine. Then you'd emerge the
13 packages in B, make binary packages out of every package, and then
14 emerge those in A.