From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I suppress the bleep when shutting down?
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 17:24:03
1 On 20/10/2015 18:10, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Hello, Gentoo.
3 >
4 > Every time I shut down my gentoo system with "shutdown -h now", it beeps
5 > at me. This is becoming steadily more irritating as the months go by.
6 > Just what is this beep supposed to be telling me? I _know_ I'm shutting
7 > the machine down.
8 >
9 > Can anybody here tell me how to disable this <beep>ing annoyance?
10 >
11 > Many thanks in advance!
15 Where is the beep coming from?
16
17 Real speakers (like where music comes out) - check Alerts &
18 Notifications or similar in your DE.
19
20 That silly monotone speaker that can only make bing noises and has been
21 in pc's since the first one?
22
23 Is this happening inside a DE session, or from a virtual console?
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com