From: David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No motherboard beep since kernel upgrade
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 19:55:31
1 Hello,
2
3 On Sat, 22 Mar 2014, null_ptr wrote:
4 >"modprobe pcspkr" doesn't change anything. It is still silent. I also tried
5 >building it in the kernel.
6 >
7 >On the other hand from what I understand the snd_hda_intel should be
8 >doing the beeps when the mainboard does not have a physical speaker on
9 >the mainboard and instead beeps through the regular sound device. At
10 >least on 3.10.25 I had not build the pcspkr module and the system beeped
11 >happily.
12
13 Have the module 'pcspkr' available and add 'pcsp=enable=1' to your kernel
14 command line.
15
16 HTH,
17 -dnh
20 Every feature is a bug, unless it can be turned off. -- Karl Heuer