From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Limewire
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 06:24:43
1 On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 01:29:08AM -0300, Bruno Gola wrote:
2 > >when you can type in a terminal "jav..." and press tab and you get:
3 > >java javac javaws... etc, limewire must work
7 > >>Does anyone knows what should I do correctly or just tell me a better
8 > >>p2p software (i use pysoulseek and amule)?
9 > >>
10 > >>Thanks
11 > >>Bruno Gola
12 > >>
13 > >>
16 > I get java-config only... not java javac and javaws :(
17 > --
18
19 Limewire should have pulled in a jre as a dependency, unless you
20 installed it with the --nodeps option.
21
22 >From the fact that you have java-config but NOT javac or java, I am
23 willing to bet that you have a problem with your paths. So, my guess
24 is that you tried to run limewire immediately after emerging it? If
25 that is the case, what happened is the following:
26
27 emerge limewire pulls in a JRE as a dependency, most likely
28 blackdown, which installs to /opt/blackdown-jre...
29
30 it also adds a rule in /etc/env.d to add /opt/blackdown-jre.../bin to
31 the search path. And emerge then calls env-update.
32
33 The problem is that the shell you did the emerge in, and any shell
34 you opened before the emerge, read the old /etc/profile when they
35 loaded, and hence does not no about the new paths to search for the
36 java runtimes.
37
38 What you should do is run
39 source /etc/profile
40 in the shell you are trying to run Limewire
41 Or quit your current shell and start a new one and run limewire from
42 that.
43
44 HTH,
45
46 W
49 "Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz smiled very slowly. This was done
50 not so much for effect as because he was trying to remember
51 the sequence of muscle movements. "
52 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 4 days, 4:40
53 --
54 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list