From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about SATA and hot plugging.
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:01:27
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 >
3 > you seem to have misunderstood Mark. The power is delivered by the harddisks
4 > case. AKA external power supply. esata has 0 power distribution capabilities.
5 > Always remember: first unplug the sata cable, wait, then power. This allows the
6 > device to flush the cache.
10 That was what I understood I just didn't type it in very well.
11 Basically, it is not like USB. The connector only carries data and no
12 power for devices. Since I don't have any external P/Ss then eSATA
13 isn't doing me any good right now. Maybe down the road some day.
14
15 Dale
16