From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ssh problem : half-solved
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 22:15:12
1 On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 21:35:54 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > > > It shows that ssh is reading your config file, but not picking up
4 > > > > the options for this host. I would expect to see something like
5 > > > >
6 > > > > debug1: Reading configuration data /home/nelz/.config/ssh
7 > > > > debug1: /home/nelz/.config/ssh line N: Applying options for <HOST>
8 > > > >
9 > > > > Do you have any other Host stanzas in the config?
10 > > >
11 > > > Check both config files for conflicts:
12 > > >
13 > > > /home/purslow/.ssh/config
14 > > > /etc/ssh/ssh_config
15 > > >
16 > > > just in case it is defined in both.
17 > >
18 > > The user file should take precedence in that case. ssh checks that one
19 > > first and stops looking if it finds a host match there.
20 >
21 > Quite and if it finds the wrong setup there, it'll run with it.
22
23 Exactly, which is why I asked the question. It seems we are both saying
24 the same thing :) Th output shows only the user file being read.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 "Self-explanatory": technospeak for "Incomprehensible & undocumented"