From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Custom ebuilds for CoreOS
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 15:18:19
1 Mark David Dumlao <madumlao <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Look up. the very first post contrastd coreos' systemd as opposed
5 > to openrc, bringing words like "evil"ution into the park.
6
7 That refers to the concept of conglomerates vs the people.
8 Systemd is only mentioned in passing. If it offends you, ignore it, OK?
9 I did not see any of the openrc camp chime in. Besides, as was pointed
10 out
13 > later on we hear that coreos is "stealing" gentoo's ideas and hope
14 > that it is CRUSHED.
15
16 That references my long history with large corporations, like the MAE
17 system that worked fine until the US congress gave the (US) internet to
18 the conglomerate Telcos; and I issued a warning about that rant. It
19 was only to substantiate what conglomerates do to otherwise wonderful
20 open source projects, imho.
23 > but why? its its own frigging distro now. not gentoo by a long shot.
24
25 Many have stated that CoreOS is a gentoo (certainly inspired) derivative.
26 The focus of "MY THREAD" is the ideas and technologies that CoreOS
27 has lifted from Gentoo and my search for a robust "Clustering" paradigm
28 that is gentoo centric and thusly landed squarely where CoreOS is. I have
29 found many legacy codes that did the same thing as what CoreOS is doing,
30 but for one reason or another they were abondoned.