From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] InitRAMFS - boot expert sought
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:24:46
1 > From: Dale [mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com]
2
3 > Thing is, I can't get dracut to boot a system as I use it. See my other post.
4 > Right now, my plan is to mask udev at what it is and either switch to another
5 > distro, hope someone figures out why dracut isn't working or just move
6 > everything to / and hope it doesn't ever screw up right after I go to bed and
7 > full up / with errors in the messages file.
8
9 > I had this happen once. Having /var on it's own partition was the only thing
10 > that saved my butt.
11
12 Ok, silly question time: if this is a concern for you, why not leave /var on its own partition? Just merge / and /usr and leave it at that?
13
14 --Mike