From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating RAID devices - udev question
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 05:49:13
1 On Sunday 13 November 2005 01:49, Brian Parish wrote:
2 > I am trying to add a software RAID 5 disk set to an existing machine
3 > installed using genkernel.  All the RAID support is compiled into the
4 > kernel, but no /dev/md? device files exist.  I can create these using mknod
5 > and make the RAID, but they don't survive a reboot.  How do I tell udev to
6 > create these files as persistant devices?
7
8 All partitions in the RAID set need to be set to partition type fd (Linux raid
9 autodetect), then the kernel will build the arrays during startup.
12 Mike Williams
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list