From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update the clock using internet servers: recommendations
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 03:52:02
1 damian wrote:
2 >> I agree. I been using ntp here and it works fine. If you need help
3 >> configuring it, let me know. Off list if needed, just put Gentoo in the
4 >> subject line.
5 >>
6 > Ok, thanks Dale. But I can you tell me if there is any difference
7 > among ntp and htpdate?
12 This is the first time I have heard of htpdate so I can't say anything
13 good or bad. I know ntp works well here and the setup was not to hard.
14 Run a couple commands and put the results in the ntp.conf and start the
15 service. It just works here. Heck, I'm on dial-up and it works pretty
16 good. If I had a always on broadband, oh boy!!
17
18 Dale
19