From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sudo displays last login time
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 23:37:12
1 On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 10:49 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Monday 17 March 2008, Michael Schmarck wrote:
3 > > Hello.
4 > >
5 > > Since "recently" (I think since 2nd half of last week), when I use
6 > > sudo on my ~x86, I get the last login time displayed:
7
8 [snip]
9
10 > It's a recent pam update. I updated mine on 11 March, and it's these
11 > lines from files in /etc/pam.d/:
12 >
13 > nazgul pam.d # grep pam_lastlog *
14 > login:session optional pam_lastlog.so
15 > system-login:session optional pam_lastlog.so
16
17 > If you want to get rid of the last login notice, just comment out those
18 > two lines
19
20 however, if you comment them out then you also don't get the lastlog
21 message when you ssh or console log in. How do you get the old
22 behaviour where sudo doesn't show your last login, but other login's do?
23
24 thanks,
28 Waiter: "Tea or coffee, gentlemen?"
29 1st customer: "I'll have tea."
30 2nd customer: "Me, too -- and be sure the glass is clean!"
31 (Waiter exits, returns)
32 Waiter: "Two teas. Which one asked for the clean glass?"
35 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list