From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Reading a DVD as an ISO image
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:41:40
1 On 2009-11-17, Jos? Romildo Malaquias <j.romildo@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Once I have written a dvd ISO image to a dvd-r disk and then I have
4 > deleted the image from the hard disk. Now I need the image again, but
5 > reading the image from disk does not give me an identical image to the
6 > original one.
7 >
8 > I have used the commands
9 >
10 > $ readcd -vvv dev=/dev/dvd f=image.iso
11 >
12 > and
13 >
14 > $ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso
15 >
16 > With both commands, the resulting image is 99.9% identical to the
17 > original one.
18
19 If you deleted the original, how do you know? the one you're
20 creating from the DVD isn't identical?
21
22 > Is there anything I can do to get an image identical to the
23 > original one?
24
25 Since you still seem to have a copy of the original ISO, just
26 use it.
29 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I'm also pre-POURED
30 at pre-MEDITATED and
31 visi.com pre-RAPHAELITE!!