From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: hacking an ebuild
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 22:23:19
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen <at> zlin.dk> writes:
2
3 > > > What? Why? Just add 'net-analyzer/jffnms ~x86'
4 > > On amd64?
5 > Yes.
6
7 Well after using alan's suggestion and getting JFFNMS to compile
8 I just had to try this out. It worked too!
9
10 Can you explain why using ~x86 on an amd64 machine works
11 in the /etc/portage/package.keywords file?
12 It seem I need to do some more reading....
15 > > dev-libs/apr-util-0.9.12 fails to compile, so, jffnms cannot compile.
16 > Fails how?
17
18 Paraphrased, it said that the Berkeley database was not installed.
19 Looking at the available packages ('eix berkeley' and then 'eix db')
20 I figured out that is was because that berkdb is a general system
21 flag I set in 'make.conf'. So for 'apr-util' in the 'package.use'
22 file I just removed this flag (-berkdb). I'm not certain what effect
23 this will have on my system or JFFNMS, if any at all.... Once this
24 was fixed using your method or alan's method, JFFNMS compiled.
27 Now JFFNMS is installed and it's time to configure it and test it.
28 thanks for all of the help.....
29
30 James
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list