From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} preforking mysqld?
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 15:48:59
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 07:52:48 -0700
4 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I have apache2 preforking and another important daemon preforking, and
7 > after looking at my top process list, I'm wondering if I can get
8 > mysqld preforking. It looks like there's only one mysqld process
9 > running and it's working hard.
10
11 I rather think it is threading... At least on my servers, it does. With
12 NPTL you won't see those threads in the "normal" top view.
13
14 In order to check if it's already multi-threaded, look at the output of
15 "ps -fejL" instead.
16
17 There's probably no forking involved, so preforking doesn't make sense.
18 That the database consumes considerable resources is only natural with
19 dynamic web content serving...
20
21 -hwh
22 --