From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Getting X11 to "underscan"...
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 16:19:06
1 On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 03:57:56 PM Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2016-10-18, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I have three different manufacturers and each one has it, but on mine it
4 > > wasn't marked in the manual.
5 >
6 > Not all TVs can disable overscan. The last time was shopping, many of
7 > the Sony Bravias couldn't (that was a few years ago). On some TVs
8 > I've seen, in order to disable overscan the signal resolution has to
9 > match the panel resolution exactly...
10
11 That's rather what I'm accustomed to seeing, hence my request for the xrandr
12 output.
15 :wq