From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to make emerge skirt a package built from tar.gz
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 04:12:38
1 I'm about to run an update world following a sync and I noitce that
2 cvs is one of the packages involved. I couldn't remember how to make
3 emerge use a specific ./configure flag. Not sure I ever really
4 understood that whole business anyway, although Holly and others have
5 attempted to explain it to me.
6
7 I wanted to use `./configure --enable-rootcommit' (or similar) since
8 this is a single user machine.
9
10 It didn't seem worth learning to build my own ebuild so I built it
11 from tar.gz and installed on /usr/local. Then unmerged the existing
12 cvs installation. Now as I recall there is some syntax that needs to go
13 into one of the possible files under /etc/portage to cause future
14 emerges like the upcoming update to ignore cvs, but I've forgotten
15 it.
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list