From: David W Noon <dwnoon@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions regarding the usage of multiple locales
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 17:38:17
1 On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 17:50:01 +0200, Dale wrote about Re: [gentoo-user]
2 Questions regarding the usage of multiple locales:
3
4 >David W Noon wrote:
5 [snip]
6 >> I ditched all those /etc/env.d settings for locale, and put mine
7 >> in /etc/profile.d/local.sh as follows:
8 >>
9 ><< SNIP >>
10 >
11 >Something I run into sometimes, if you are using KDE, log out then log
12 >back in. I run into this pretty regular and usually forget. I have
13 >been sort of half reading this thread and seem to recall reading you
14 >are using KDE. I know this applies to when you change the groups a
15 >user is in. Ran into that the other day. This may apply to other
16 >desktops as well. I only have KDE here. Just thought I would mention
17 >just in case.
18
19 It applies to all desktop environments. Whenever you change your
20 central environment variables you must logout and login again, so that
21 the revisions to /etc/profile and all its associated scripts are
22 re-elaborated.
23
24 In a console shell, you can usually do:
25 . /etc/profile
26 and the new environment values will be assigned. This is why we are
27 told to do that when we use eselect to switch slots of some slotted
28 package, such as GCC.
29 --
30 Regards,
31