From: Rod <Rod@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot log
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 03:07:41
1 On 5/08/2010 11:10 AM, Dakota wrote:
2 > On 8/4/2010 8:19 PM, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
3 >
4 >> Is there a way to log the boot messages - dmesg after booting up doesnt
5 >> show module load failures and they scroll off the screen and I can find
6 >> what they are.
7 >>
8 >> BillK
14 > /var/log/messages doesn't contain anything relevant? I thought that's
15 > where stuff like that got logged.
16 > Also, have you checked /var/log/kern.log?
20 You'd possibly find that /var/log/everything/current is the Gentoo
21 logging location I have a symlink from there to /var/log/messages
22
23 There is a backup of dmesg stored in /var/log/dmesg
24
25 I use a combination of dmesg | less and /var/log/everything/current
26 and lsmod for module testing (if they load and don't load)