From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Easiest way to block domains?
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 06:53:51
1 On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 05:41:53AM +0000, J. Roeleveld wrote
2
3 > Look into proxy servers.
4 > I think privoxy should be able to do the trick.
5
6 Looking at the /usr/portage/net-proxy directory, I see several proxy
7 programs. I checked the privoxy man page at linux.die.net and it
8 mentions that some features are not available under https. Is this a
9 privoxy limit, or is it a limitation of proxies in general?
10
11 Is "tinyproxy" noticeably simpler than privoxy? My main requirement
12 is to block a list of domains. Is it possible for a proxy to edit a
13 webpage on-the-fly, so that references to unwanted URLs are stripped
14 out, and the browser doesn't waste time trying to download from a
15 blocked adserver?
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
19 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications