From: Noah Roberts <nroberts@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gramps broken
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:49:02
1 A program I use called Gramps won't work anymore. It appears to be a
2 problem with python rather than the program itself. I can't figure it
3 out. The ebuild works, I don't know what I might have upgraded but I
4 have been reinstalling various python modules ever since trying to make
5 it work. Now I am stuck on this one:
6
7 Fatal Pithon error: could not import ORBit module
8 Aborted
9
10 I just forced emerge to emerge orbit-python-1.99.0-r1 but it is still
11 doing this. Previously it complained about gtk2 so I emerged pygtk.
12 Then it complained about gnome-python so I emerged it...now I get this
13 error and I emerged the orbit-python but it is still bitching.
14
15 Any ideas? I've tried to emerge Gramps and it works fine but still
16 won't run. I think it must have to do with interdependencies in the
17 libs it uses rather than what it uses itself because it was working
18 before and orbit-python wasn't here at that point.
21 Noah Roberts
22 Saint Martin's University
23 Information Technology Services
24 486-8814