From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, "postfix-users@×××××××.org" <postfix-users@×××××××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-user] trouble configuring postgrey
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 18:26:21
1 I'm trying to be a good netizen and set up spam filtering (prior to
2 forwarding traffic).
3 I'm having trouble configuring postgrey for this purpose. I thought I
4 followed all the
5 directions, but there appears to be a step missing.
6
7 Anyway, the system is pretty simple: a single machine, with a few aliases whose
8 mail is forwarded to my ISP (which is where I prefer to read
9 everything). The ISP
10 is unwilling to deal with the spam this would cause in the absence of filtering.
11
12 I decided to use a UNIX socket, since I understand that that is
13 generally more efficient
14 for intra-machine use.
15
16 When i configured postgrey and postfix, (re)started both and looked at
17 the log file,
18 I see every message gets
19 warning: connect to private/postgrey: No such file or directory
20
21 This is from /etc/conf.d/postgrey
22 POSTGREY_TYPE="unix"
23 POSTGREY_SOCKET="/var/spool/postfix/private/postgrey"
24
25 This from /etc/postfix/main.cfsmtpd_recipient_restrictions =
26 permit_mynetworks
27 permit_sasl_authenticated
28 reject_unauth_destination
29 check_policy_service unix:private/postgrey
30
31 I'm just guessing: should I create a unix-domain socket in
32 /var/spool/postfix/private/postgrey?
33 Or should starting postgrey take care of that?
36 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
37 --
38 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list