From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Re: Weird (?) permission problem...
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 23:13:56
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 13:14 on Thursday 16 December 2010, Peter
2 Humphrey did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Thursday 16 December 2010 07:24:27 Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > > Apparently, though unproven, at 03:33 on Thursday 16 December 2010,
6 > >
7 > > Peter Humphrey did opine thusly:
8 > > > On Thursday 16 December 2010 01:01:27 walt wrote:
9 > > > > Every new generation of unix users *must* read it.
10 > > >
11 > > > I get very tired of people telling me what to do.
12 > >
13 > > Then don't read it but where else are you going to get the
14 > > information from?
15 >
16 > I don't object to what Walt said, just the way he said it.
17 >
18 > In this country we've had a long spell of a government bent on
19 > regulating every detail of our lives. Nowadays even the road signs tell
20 > me what to do, instead of what to expect. In fact it's worse than that -
21 > they've even started telling me what to think!
22 >
23 > During my time in Minneapolis 20 years ago I was nostalgic about the
24 > freedom from petty restrictions back home. That's all changed now.
25
26 Nanny state. Now I see where you are coming from.
27
28 This is why I live in Africa, down here we can't be bothered with shit like
29 that.
32 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com