From: Kumar Golap <tizan.moris@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] equery, make.conf USE flag mismatch on amd64
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 07:25:06
1 Hello All,
2
3 I have the following USE in my make.conf (on an athlon64 machine)
4 USE="3dnow xorg a52 alsa acpi arts avi berkdb cdr crypt cups dvdr dvd
5 encode foomaticdb ffmpeg flac gdbm gif gpm gtk gtk2 hal imlib jpeg kde
6 gnome libg++ libwww lm_sensors mad mikmod mmx motif mpeg mysql ncurses
7 nls oggvorbis opengl pam pam_console pdflib png python qt quicktime
8 readline sdl slang spell sse ssl svga tcpd tiff truetype usb X xml2
9 xmms xv zlib f77 v4l win32codecs"
12 And when i do: equery uses xawtv i get the following:
13 [ Searching for packages matching xawtv... ]
14 [ Colour Code : set unset ]
15 [ Legend : Left column (U) - USE flags from make.conf
16 ]
17 [ : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed with ]
18 [ Found these USE variables for media-tv/xawtv-3.95-r1 ]
19 U I
20 + + X : Adds support for X11
21 + + aalib : Adds support for media-libs/aalib (ASCII-Graphics Library)
22 + + alsa : Adds support for media-libs/alsa-lib (Advanced Linux
23 Sound Architecture)
24 + + dv : Enables support for a codec used by many camcorders
25 + + lirc : Adds support for lirc (Linux's Infra-Red Remote Control)
26 - - mmx : Adds support for optimizations for Pentium MMX and
27 Athlon class processors
28 + + motif : Adds motif support (x11-libs/openmotif x11-libs/lesstif)
29 + + nls : Adds Native Language Support (using gettext - GNU
30 locale utilities)
31 + + opengl : Adds support for OpenGL (3D graphics)
32 + + quicktime : Adds support for OpenQuickTime
33 + + xext : Enable use of XFree extentions (DGA,VidMode,DPMS)
34 + + xv : Adds in optional support for the Xvideo extension (an
35 X API for video playback)
36 + + zvbi : Enable VBI Decoding Library for Zapping
39 Please note that "mmx" seems to be missing in both columns. despite
40 that its there in my USE in make.conf
41
42 When i do: emerge --pretend --newuse xawtv
43
44 It basically reports that nothing need to be done
47 Is this a bug in equery or is it that i can't set mmx on an Athlon64 ?
48
49 I'm using:
50 Portage version 2.0.54
51 Gentoolkit version 0.2.1