From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying to block third party ip address with iptables...
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 08:43:59
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > That's always going to be problematic. Firefox does not know that you have
4 > firewalled that address, so will continue doing exactly what it always did -
5 > send a SYN and wait for the response.
6 >
7 > So you'll need to tell Firefox that that IP is banned, in which case you don't
8 > need iptables, you need a Firefox plug-in. Go to mozilla's site and find
9 > something appropriate. I'll bet there's one already and it's probably called
10 > SiteBlock
11
12 Ok, I suspected as much. Yep, there's a extension called Siteblock. Just
13 downloaded it and will try it. Thanks to all who replied!
14
15 Best regards
16
17 Peter K