From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heartbleed - using openssl-0.9.8y and affected
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 18:52:04
1 On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > But what puzzle me is when I downgraded it to 1.0.0j (uneffected version) I
3 > could not restart apache. I was getting an error:
4 >
5 > /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
6 > * apache2 has detected an error in your setup:
7 > apache2: Syntax error on line 125 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Cannot load
8 > /usr/lib64/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so into server:
9 > /usr/lib64/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so: undefined symbol:
10 > TLSv1_1_client_method
11 > * ERROR: apache2 failed to stop
14 When you *downgrade* a shared library, you generally need to rebuild
15 all programs which are linked against that library. The newer library
16 version may provide additional symbols which would be missing from the
17 older version of the library. That's what that "undefined symbol"
18 error is about.