From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Output of "mount" and "cat /etc/mtab" inside install chroot?
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 12:21:16
1 On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 7:43 AM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I've got another thread going called...
3 > "Strange behaviour with LILO on new install on old laptop". Before I
4 > file a bug report, I want to check first whether it's my fault. Can
5 > people here do me a favour? If you have a Gentoo install CD or USB key
6 > handy, and are willing to reboot, can you please do the following...
7 >
8 > 1) boot from the install ISO
9 > 2) chroot to a running environment
10 > 3) list the output from the 2 commands
11 > mount
12 > cat /etc/mtab
13 >
14 > I'm getting absolutely no output at all from those 2 commands in the
15 > install chroot. That screws up the lilo ebuild install process. I want
16 > to check whether blank /etc/mtab is my fault or not.
17
18 Are you mounting a proc filesystem within the to-be-chrooted
19 filesystem before chrooting?