From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] baselayout-1.12.* trouble
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:36:41
1 Grant wrote:
2 > Is anyone else having trouble with the new baselayout-1.12.* ? It's
3 > causing all kinds of strange problems on my systems.
4
5 Something funny that happened on my laptop with this was that somehow
6 net.eth0 (wired network) tries to start at the boot run level every time
7 and will just sit and wait for an IP. This never happened before I
8 upgraded, and doesn't happen on my other machine. It's probably that
9 something has changed to depend on net.eth0, but I'm not sure what it
10 was that changed. So for now I just ctrl-c it every time to get it to
11 move on...
12
13 R
14 --