From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternative kernels
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 19:47:10
1 Am 26.10.2014 um 20:09 schrieb Alexander Kapshuk:
2 > I've been using gentoo-sources for a while now.
3 >
4 > I remember reading on this list about some users using alternative
5 > kernels on their gentoo systems. My understanding is that amongst some
6 > of the other alternatives, besides the genkernel, which I'm not
7 > interested in using, are vanilla-sources available in the portage
8 > tree, and the sources available on kernel.org.
9 > I'd appreciate being given some pointers on how the folk here maintain
10 > their alternative kernels.
11 >
12 > Thanks.
13 >
14 > .
17 I let portage update the vanilla-sources and once in a while a build and
18 install a new kernel. At the moment I am on 3.12.23. Maybe I install
19 3.12.30 tonight. If I find a good reason to do so.