From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Network UPS Tools (NUT)
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 15:05:45
1 Hi folks,
2
3 anybody using them? If so I have got a question.
4
5 Except one thing, everything is handled fine by gentoo's start-up scripts. The
6 exception is this: If NUT shuts the box down, a flag /etc/killpower is
7 created. At the end of the shutdown process this flag determines whether the
8 UPS itself is to be switched of by software. That is supposed to avoid
9 complete depletion of the UPS - maybe by a monitor plugged into it directly.
10
11 It seems to me that this flag never gets removed. So a manual "halt" also
12 tries to switch off the UPS which might not be intended.
13
14 Anybody else seeing this?
15
16 Uwe
19 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list