From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Handling a sizable amount of spam and Dovecote question
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 14:36:39
1 On 20/1/22 22:06, Marco Rebhan wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 20 January 2022 14:22:02 CET Dale wrote:
3 >> What do others do with spam to minimize it?
4 > Hi Dale,
5 >
6 > I'm not sure if you're talking about self-hosted mail because you
7 > mention dovecot, if you do:
10 Google Gentoo mail gateway - there are a couple of good guides. Running
11 a mail system is a major effort for a small number of accounts however
12 it is nowhere near as effective as a user vs one of the larger companies
13 such as Cisco who have access to a huge number of data samples to
14 analyse and work off.  The ISP I use (iinet) offers cisco ironport spam
15 filtering free on accounts, either off, blocking or marking.  Its very
16 effective whereas my mail filtering gateway using fetchmail, procmail,
17 blacklisting, grey listing, spam-assassin, amavis-new, clamav, razor,
18 dcc etc. does sort of work for me, it just doesn't work as well.
19
20 BillK