From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin and missing paste file option in right click menu.
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 14:58:58
1 On 28/4/22 9:55 pm, Dale wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 14:37:12 -0500, Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I did my weekly updates this past Sunday.  I noticed one change I like.
6 [snip]
9 [snip]
12 > That works here too.  As you point out, it doesn't work elsewhere like
13 > it used to tho.  Odd.  I suspect it will be fixed with the next version.
14 >
15 > I tried to go back to a older version but it wants older versions of
16 > other KDE packages too.  I was wanting to see how it worked in the old
17 > version again, compare things.  Oh well.  At least you got me a way to
18 > make it work until they give it a proper fix.
19 >
20 > Thanks much.
21 >
22 > Dale
23 >
24 > :-)  :-)
27 Broken for me as well. I did a big update a few days ago and had
28 noticed the same problem. I was about to post the same as Dales
29 original post when Dales popped up. I agree with Neil, about being near
30 a file and clicking on the LHS.
31
32 If I remember correctly, and I'm quite prepared to be corrected here,
33 in the earlier versions the "highlight bar" only covered the file/dir
34 name, not right across the whole window, Size, Modified, Type etc. Now
35 it does, from the vertical line that indicates the dir tree right across
36 to the RHS of the window. It does not extend right to the edge of the
37 LHS of the window from the vertical line and that's the part that Neil
38 identified. I'm guessing that dolphin somehow uses the highlight colour,
39 the "highlight bar", to indicate location within the window and in turn
40 as to whether things can be pasted there or not.
41
42 If I didn't have, literally, three solid days of 1st year engineering
43 students submissions to mark, I would have a quick squizz at the dolphin
44 code, but it's out of the question at the moment. There is nothing on
45 the Gentoo bugs thingy regarding Dolphin. I think I'll be waiting until
46 the next update....
47
48 Andrew