From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CUPS - Some apps see printers, some do not
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:18:33
1 On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:21 AM, james <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Mark Knecht <markknecht <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 >>
5 >>> the one binary thing on the system that comes
6 >>> to mind is Open Office in which printing is working. It's the stuff
7 >>> I'm building that isn't!
10 >> Have you set the "cups" flag in make.conf?
11 >>
12 >> It may or maynot make a difference.
16 >> hth,
17 >> James
18 >
19 > It is not globally set and setting it causes a number of things to get
20 > installed and rebuilt including gnome-cups-manager. Sounds like a good
21 > use flag in this case.
22 >
23 > Rebuilding now. Maybe in an hour we'll have an answer.
24 >
25 > Thanks!
26 >
27 > - Mark
28 >
29 Thanks James. At least for me remotely that enabled printing from
30 within Firefox.
31
32 Waiting now for my dad to check it out locally.
33
34 Cheers,
35 Mark