From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 2.6.16-gentoo-r7 freezes sometimes
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 22:31:17
1 On 5/24/06, JC Denton <jcdentonmail@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > Ok, I did the configuration of the kernel. And also cdrecord does complain,
3 > so everything seems ok. BUT it is not. I can surely say when the system will
4 > crash because in this cases it takes aweful long untill I can choose a
5 > operating system. And then it hangs when using kernel 2.6.16. I am getting
6 > the same error with 2.6.14 but it boots after some time. Is there a problem
7 > in the boot conditions? Is there some configuration file that is used while
8 > boot time that contains bad things?
9
10 No. If it completes booting, is it stable? Do merges work ok?
11 Because my best guess at this point is a hardware problem:
12 overheating, bad memory, bad processor, bad motherboard, or a bad
13 power supply.
14
15 -Richard
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list