From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Status of Gentoo
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:43:50
1 On Tuesday 11 March 2008 07:22:38 Jamie Dobbs wrote:
2
3 > I do have a few worries - why has there been no 2007.1 release (there was
4 > a 2006.1 from what I recall)?
5
6 Gentoo does not have versions. What you're quoting is the version of the
7 installation CD, which doesn't have to keep up with the installed system.
8
9 > Also I'm not running at Athlon X2 system, ifs there any _real_ advantage
10 > to running AMD64 or should I still to x86?
11
12 Why are you telling us what you're not running? It's hard to answer your
13 question in this form.
16 Rgds
17 Peter
18 --