From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update blocked by kdebase-startkde:4
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 13:28:24
1 On Sunday 14 Aug 2016 19:12:43 Robin Atwood wrote:
2 > On Sunday 14 August 2016, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Well, either you can try it to see what happens, maybe putting it back
4 > > afterwards, or you can remove that line from the ebuild - again,
5 > > temporarily. Or try the kde-sunset overlay as Dan suggests.
6 > >
7 > > It's becoming steadily harder to stick with KDE-4 in Gentoo. I gave up a
8 > > few weeks ago, once I'd found a desktop arrangement to suit me.
9 >
10 > Using -wallpapers worked and I still have wallpapers.
11
12 USE=wallpapers is not the same thing as installing a wallpapers package. It
13 looks in this case as though setting the flag will cause packages to be
14 installed as part of *-meta, but I dare say it's just a convenience to save
15 one operation.
16
17 > 'layman -L' finds no kde-sunset.
18
19 Google suggests it's in git nowadays.
20
21 > I suppose I will at some stage have to install KDE5 on a
22 > laptop; will KMail 4.4 still work?
23
24 It does here, though not on a laptop - well, as well as can be expected,
25 that is.
28 Rgds
29 Peter