From: Zhu Sha Zang <zhushazang@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Computer turn itself off
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 22:11:47
1 On 05/23/2015 05:24 PM, Joseph wrote:
2 > I have a box in a remote location (8-core CPU) and it turn itself off
3 > during compiling
4 >
5 > The box it connected to UPS. Is it power supply?
8 Maybe. I have a problem like that when using high processing simulation
9 with nvidia-cuda and the power supply protection was unable to keep a
10 safe energy level then the system goes off.
11
12 But, if the failure happens during compilation time can be a heat
13 problem. Install lm_sensors and use something like that: "watch -n 1
14 sensors".
15
16 If not, if the temperature stay at safe levels, maybe you have a RAM
17 corruption. In this case, you'll need to use memtest86++ to check.
18
19 Good Luck