From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The saga of the missing Logitech drivers
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 21:07:12
1 On 1/31/20 10:16 AM, Jack wrote:
2 > I know this doesn't directly answer what might be broken, but as I
3 > remember, the kernel upgrade guides do suggest going through the full
4 > configuration when changing more than just the minor version.  So 5.4.12
5 > to 5.4.13, the make oldconfig is likely to be enough, but 5.4.x to 5.5.x
6 > is likely to actually need you to run through the whole thing - not
7 > necessarily starting from scratch, but just to check for oddities like
8 > this.
9
10 I came here to post exactly this - I've been building kernels since 2003
11 and I have had major kernels bork on oldconfig at least a dozen times.
12 Minor revision updates are always OK.
13
14 Dan