From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unmerge KDE script
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:26:36
1 On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:18:51 +0200, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2
3 > Well actually the big difference is that you are using the list of
4 > installed packages from the kde-base category whereas he is using the
5 > complete list of packages in /usr/portage/kde-base and assuming that
6 > everyone of them have a 3.4* version. He may not even have akode
7 > installed...
8
9 Ah yes, I missed that he was using /usr/portage instead of /var/db, it
10 never occurred to me that anyone would try to do that :(
11
12 I wasn't trying to use /usr/portage, I prefer to feed the currently
13 installed packages to emerge --prune, but your method looks good too.
17 Neil Bothwick
18