From: JD <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Xserver on Dell Inspiron M1710
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 11:44:32
10 Nvidia seems to have its own brand of headache with Linux on a few distro's.
11 I've taken it as a rule of thumb to compile-load-add_to_conf to avoid all of
12 their mess on all of my machines.
13 I don't know if gentoo has this in portage (easy enough to check for it),
14 but Ubuntu has an nvidia-kernel package that is apt-able, and then with the
15 driver in hand, it can be compiled and loaded. I'm sure gentoo, (being a
16 superior development machine) has it (or something quite similar).
17
18 -----Original Message-----
19 From: Mick [mailto:michaelkintzios@×××××.com]
20 Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:44 AM
21 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
22 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xserver on Dell Inspiron M1710
23