From: cts.private@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Aw: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] AMDGPU eventually hangs my system
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 05:46:16
1 One thing I forgot to mention: it's only happened so far, when I've been using my HDMI monitor. It never occurred in the 3/4 year before that, before I compiled with the AMDGPU facility.
2
3 Thank you so much for your mention of the magik sysreq key and reisub. I didn't know about those. Now I have the courage to use my HDMI monitor again.
4
5 > Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. August 2018 um 23:22 Uhr
6 > Von: "Daniel Salas Rodriguez" <daniel.salas@×××××××××××.com>
7 > An: gentoo-user@l.g.o
8 > Betreff: Re: Aw: Re: [gentoo-user] AMDGPU eventually hangs my system
9 >
10 > I have a similar problem with my machine. Ever since >=4.17.something
11 > I've had the mouse and keyboard stop working in X randomly, and usually
12 > reconnecting them fixes it, the glaring difference is my GPU is Nvidia.
13 >
14 > I noticed the system was not really hanging because one hang I tried
15 > doing a magic sysrq reisub and the keyboard did not respond. Could it be
16 > the same issue?
17 >