From: Eric Martin <freak4uxxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no network device
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 14:58:40
1 vetrocemento@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi again :)
3 > I'm havin troubles with my network card :) my gentoo doesn't recognize it.
4 > during kernel configuration I haven't installed network drivers because there were no atheros
5 > chipset drivers.
6 > should I download them from the web, load them on a memory drive and install them?
7 > btw the network card is an atheros AR8121/8113/8114 (don't know which of them but windows
8 > has a unique driver for this models).
9 >
10 > Thanks in advance
11 >
12 > Giacomo
13 >
14 Is this a wireless card? Some people are saying wireless and others
15 aren't where I'm looking. I did see something on the Ubuntu forums
16 saying that the drivers aren't in the mainline kernel yet, and FC people
17 were saying to load the development kernel. If it's wireless, my bet
18 would be on madwifi or madwifi-ng. You can also use ndiswrapper no
19 matter what with the windows ndis driver but I've heard mixed reviews on
20 that. Have you checked on your vendor's website for a NIX driver?
21 --
22 Eric Martin
23 Key fingerprint = D1C4 086E DBB5 C18E 6FDA B215 6A25 7174 A941 3B9F