From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox with tab-grouping
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 18:45:21
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 180330 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've looked into Palemoon, Vivaldi, Opera
5 >> and dug around to see what else I can try.  So far, none of them
6 >> can do what pre 57 versions of Firefox can with the addons I use.
7 > I've installed Vivaldi, but it doesn't seem to do tab-grouping.
8 >
9 > So has anyone found a way to do tab-grouping with FF >= 57 ?
10 > Does any other browser -- Waterfox ? -- provide them in any form ?
13 I downloaded Waterfox.  It works fine itself however, the addon for Tab
14 Utilities is broken.  It fails to start.  That didn't help me with my
15 problem since I need that and Tab Groups as well.  I also tried the Tree
16 Tab addon but it doesn't work with version below 57.  If you don't need
17 Tab Utilities, Waterfox should work for you just fine.
18
19 On my install, I downloaded it from the website, extracted to
20 /home/dale/waterfox and ran it from command line.  If everything had
21 worked fine, I was going to move to a more proper place, create a menu
22 entry etc etc etc.  It seems everything Waterfox needs is in the tarball
23 itself.
24
25 You may want to give Waterfox a try since it is easy to do.  It just may
26 work fine for you.
27
28 Dale
29