From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to unmerge php and mod_php
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:09:09
1 On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 23:29 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > That's irrelevant. Portage keeps the ebuilds used to install each
3 > package
4 > in /var/db/pkg. Otherwise updating a deprecated package would be
5 > impossible. The problem is that the ebuild uses an eclass that no
6 > longer
7 > exists.
8
9 Bingo.
10
11 I had to go to viewcvs and get the old php.eclass and then I was able to
12 unmerge.
13
14 I suppose it would have been nice if one day when I was doing esync,
15 that I was warned php.eclass would be gone. And here are the merges you
16 have done which are covered by that: etc.
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list